A collection of links to everything you need to know and want to know about climbing the Mt St Helens volcano
(all the links open up in new window)
- The official Mt St Helens Institute web site. This is where you purchase your permits.
- Purmit.com. If permits are sold out on the official site, you might find a permit here
- Lone Fir Resort. A great place to stay the night before (and after) the climb.
- The Climbers Bivouac. The Forest Service camp ground, where the climbing route trail head is located.
- Justin Wright is a Mount St. Helens volunteer. He has some great info on his blog site
- Crater View climb proposed at Mount St. Helens The Columbian news article, January 2013
- Hiking trails without the proper gear Enumclaw Echo has a great story about Mt St Helens preparedness basics
- Climbing Mount St. Helens by usdaForestService. Basic information and safety messages about climbing Mount St. Helens.
- Mount St. Helens Winter Route Climb by Waw Hiker