- Hiking the Loowit trail loop around Mt St Helens
- Tillamook Head Trail Hike at Seaside, Oregon
- Hiking at Lewisville Park
- Climbing Mt. St. Helens August 2016
- Hiking Mt St Helens summer 2012
- My first own geocache
- Snow Shoeing June Lake Trail at Marble Mountain
- Mountain day hike in the snow: Trying out the back pack
- Bells Mountain Trail Climb
- Don’t get lost outdoors!
- Got a taste of Pacific Northwest edible plants
Bells Mountain Trail Climb
The Bells Mountain Trail itself is 7.5 miles long. This story is about hiking only the first, steep part of the trail, starting at the Moulton Falls Park, and ascending on Bells Mountain.
- Hits: 2603
Don’t get lost outdoors!
If you do get lost or stranded, stay safe, and make it easy for searchers to find you.
It seems like every week someone is missing in the woods around here. In most cases they are found safe, after spending a miserable night without much shelter or food. But unfortunately, sometimes they are found dead, or not found at all.
- Hits: 1711
Got a taste of Pacific Northwest edible plants
This fall, around berry season, hiking the Bells Mountain Trail in SW Washington, I was introduced to some plants and berries that where new to me.
- Hits: 1533